peptastic

Peptastic is standing still

1984 - George Orwell, Erich Fromm As with the case of Animal Farm I was familiar with many of the concepts that were derived from 1984 but hadn't read the book. I was indoctrinated with all the concepts and terminology tried to have the book banned for promoting communism.
I suppose because the book didn't look down on the Proletariat's but displayed what the USSR and DDR governments were really like. Socialism itself was not the problem. People do often think the whole concept is bad and decide to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
[Now this I didn't get from my libertarian mother].

If they had the sort of technology we have now it's possible they could have gone on forever.
The mandatory dna in place by 2019 for all arrests [even minor traffic offences], facial recognition technology, mandatory gps in all new automobiles by 2015, legal propaganda, the continuous wars, etc.
1984 was very meta with the book within a book that the reader acknowledged was good because it told him what he already knew was sort of like reading 1984 itself which not only told us what basically did happen but what is still happening and can happen.